ASTU School of Applied Natural Science Courses
ASTU School of Applied Natural Science Courses – Check Below:
School of Applied Natural Science (SoANS)Program Descriptions
The courses offered in the five programs of the school are designed in a way that enables students to relate fundamental principles and theories of natural sciences with applicable practices.
ASTU School of Applied Natural Science Courses
Applied biology is a discipline that put biological principles and theories into practices. It focuses on solving specific life science problems and creating biological products. Main focused fields are structural and molecular biology, molecular medicine, cellular and developmental biology, and plant sciences. Undergraduate students are educated basic concepts of biology and related topics to understand biological pathways and phenomenon. In postgraduate course implementation of creative suggestions for the solution of current biological problems and validation by individual research with supervisors and academic staffs will be carried out systemically. Translational research is encouraged to deliver biological discoveries to industry sector through Bio resource Research Center and Chemical Biology Center. The establishment of excellence in applied biology will be accomplished by the collaboration between programs and schools, and international exchange programs are essential components for the globalization of students.[/accordion_item]
The applied chemistry program incorporates the basic chemical sciences with applicable practices. The program provides the basic analytical, inorganic, organic and physical chemistry courses with their current application:
- Analytical chemistry focuses on the qualitative and quantitative determination of the chemical components of substances. It is applicable in forensic chemistry, environmental chemistry and drug testing.
- Inorganic chemistry studies the properties of inorganic compounds like crystal structures, minerals, metals, catalysts, and most elements in the periodic table. Bioinorganic chemistry, solid state chemistry, geochemistry, nuclear chemistry, and organometallic chemistry are some of the branches.
- Organic chemistry involves the study of the structure, properties, and preparation of chemical compounds of mainly carbon & hydrogen and other elements such as nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus, sulfur, the halogens and silicon. It is applicable in medicinal chemistry, natural products and polymer materials chemistry.
- Physical chemistry applies physics to the study of chemistry. It typically studies the rate of a chemical reaction, the interaction of molecules with radiation, and the calculation of structures and properties. It is applicable in photochemistry, surface chemistry, spectroscopy, chemical kinetics and quantum chemistry.
- Along with the four disciplines of chemistry, the program also encompasses compulsory and elective applied chemistry courses on process design, biological chemistry, health and safety, environmental protection, biomaterials, inorganic materials, polymer materials, medicinal chemistry, industrial chemistry. The program is intended to include internship schedule in the summer of the undergraduate study in order to make students be acquainted with the real chemistry application.
See Also:ASTU School of Civil Engineering and Architecture
The Geology program has been conducting training and research in the wide areas of geosciences including mineralogy, petrology, hydrogeology, historical geology, structural geology, economic geology, mining geology, engineering geology, and environmental geology. These have led to significant contribution in the development of human resources in geosciences and in understanding the geology and geologic resources of Ethiopia.
The program has been focused on the knowledge gaps of the following projects;
- Geodynamics of the East African Rift,
- Petrogenesis of various rocks of Ethiopia,
- Reconstruction of paleo-environmental setting of Ethiopia,
- Inventory/baseline survey of earth materials and earth resources of Ethiopia.
- Graduates from the Applied Geology Program are doing researches on
- Geological surveying: (e.g. Geological survey of Ethiopia)
- Groundwater and Surface water exploration and Exploitation and Irrigation
- Geotechnical and construction: Roads, Tunnels, Bridges, Dams and other infrastructures
- Energy : Hydropower, wind and geothermal
- Mineral Exploration and Mining: Economic Mineral (Precious metals and base metals), Industrial minerals and Gemstones
- Environmental Protection and Geohazard Monitoring (Landslides, Earth quakes, flooding and ground cracks)
Applied mathematics deals with the application of mathematics to the solution of non-mathematical problems. Such problems may originate in math-oriented fields (physics, chemistry, and engineering) as well as in other areas such as geology, meteorology, biology, environmental health, economics, and business (operations and market research). Students will learn to use methods of applied mathematics, probability, statistics, numerical analysis, and scientific computing in seeking solutions to such problems. Courses will be organized as core, elective and common courses.
The general objectives of applied mathematics program are:
- To educate students to be qualified, adaptable, motivated, and responsible Mathematicians who will lead the scientific and technological advancement of Ethiopia.
- To create best scientists to conduct research alone and with other disciplines.
- Program of Applied Mathematics also deliver M.Sc. with the following specializations:
- Mathematical Modeling
- Numerical Analysis
The applied physics program focuses on the fundamental theories and principles of physics and expands towards the application of such principles. The courses offered range from classical to quantum mechanics, from electricity to electrodynamics and advanced electronics and from general to exploration geophysics. Nuclear physics, solid state physics and statistical physics also are the main components of this program.
The major courses are comprises of:
- Mechanics and heat courses, which deal with statics and dynamics of objects, work and energy, conservative forces, potential and kinetic energies of a system.
- Electricity and magnetism courses deal with the different laws that govern the flow of currents and potential of a system, Electromagnetic Wave.
- Nuclear physics focuses on structure & static properties of nuclei, nuclear constituents, nuclear size & mass and their measurement, and binding energy that holds the nucleus
- Quantum mechanics focuses on the static and dynamic conditions of atomic and sub-atomic particles, wave function and probability density of sub atomic particles.
- Electronics courses deal with PN Junction and the diode effect, circuit, applications of ordinary diodes, Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT), operational amplifiers and the likes.
- Solid state physics describes phenomena associated with the solid state including the classification of solids and crystal structure, X-ray diffraction, classification of crystals, binding energy, and an introduction to their electronic, vibrational, thermal, optical, magnetic, dielectric properties and the quantum mechanical description of electrons in crystals.
- Geophysics courses deal with gravitational potential and equipotential surfaces; The Earth’s shape and normal gravity; gravity anomalies. Isostasy: crustal thickness and the surface relief of the Earth. Seismology, Geomagnetism and earth’s heat flow.[/accordion_item]
Adama University ASTU Admissions 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Fees Structure 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Tuition Fees 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Application Forms PDF Download 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Intake 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Admission List 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Selected Candidates 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Admission Letter PDF Download 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Online Application 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Admissions Requirement 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Courses Offered 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Degree Courses Offered 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Postgraduate Courses Offered 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Application Deadline 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Contact Address
Adama University ASTU Grading System 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Online Registration 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU E Learning Portal Login
Adama University ASTU Opening Date 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Examination Timetable PDF Download 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Exams Results 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Bank Account Number
Adama University ASTU Job Vacancies 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Academic Calendar PDF Download 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Graduation List 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Graduation Ceremony 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Faculties and Departments
Adama University ASTU Hostel and Accommodation 2022
Adama University ASTU Students Portal Login 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Scholarships 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Latest News and Announcements 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Prospectus PDF Download 2022/2023
Adama University Distance Education Admissions 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Weekend Programs 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Extension Programs 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Masters Programs 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Asela School Of Medicine Admissions 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Cut Off Mark 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Civil Engineering Courses 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Distance Education Programs 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Electrical Engineering Programs 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Entrance Examination 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Sponsorship Letter PDF Download 2022/2023
Adama University Masters Program Registration 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Registration Date 2022/2023
Adama University ASTU Registration 2022/2023
Adama Science and Technology University Current News Announcement 2022 – 2023
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Contacts
Adama Science and Technology University Location
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Schools
Adama University ASTU School of Civil Engineering and Architecture
Adama University ASTU School of Civil Engineering and Architecture Courses
Adama University ASTU School of Mechanical Chemical and Materials Engineering
Adama University ASTU Mechanical Chemical and Materials Engineering Courses
Adama University ASTU School of Electrical Engineering and Computing
Adama University ASTU School of Electrical Engineering and Computing Courses
Adama University ASTU School of Electrical Engineering and Computing Contacts
Adama University ASTU School of Applied Natural Science SoANS
Adama University ASTU School of Applied Natural Science Courses
Adama University ASTU School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Adama University ASTU Continuing Education Institute
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU weekend program
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Graduation 2022-2023
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Extension Program
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Graduation List 2022-2023
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Cut off Mark 2022-2023
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU History
Adama University ASTU Official Website
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Masters Courses Offered
Adama University ASTU Libraries Services
Adama University ASTU Postgraduate Programs
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Phd Courses Offered
2022/2023 Admissions For Public Universities In Ethiopia
Adama University ASTU Admissions 2022/2023
Addis Ababa University Admissions 2022/2023
Adigrat University Admissions 2022/2023
Aksum University Admissions 2022/2023
Arba Minch University (AMU) Admissions 2022/2023
Debre Markos University Admissions 2022/2023
Bahir Dar University Admissions 2022/2023
Bule Hora University Admissions 2022/2023
Debre Birhan University Admissions 2022/2023
Dire Dawa University Admissions 2022/2023
Haramaya University Admissions 2022/2023
University of Gondar Admissions 2022/2023
Madda Walabu University Admissions 2022/2023
Debre Tabor University Admissions 2022/2023
Mizan Tepi University Admissions 2022/2023
Samara University Admissions 2022/2023
Jimma University Admissions 2022/2023
Jigjiga University Admissions 2022/2023
Wachemo University Admissions 2022/2023
Wolaita Sodo University Admissions 2022/2023
Dilla University Admissions 2022/2023
Woldia University Admissions 2022/2023
Hawassa University Admissions 2022/2023
Mettu University Admissions 2022/2023
Wolkite University Admissions 2022/2023
Wollega University Admissions 2022/2023